HI everybody. When i was writing part 10, the mood was right especially at the last few paragraphs of this part. The rain, the music was just nice to write. To be honest, I can literally feel it in me about how the last few paragraphs would roll out in real. Got something embarassing to admit. I trembled a little when I wrote those paragraphs. To me, I felt sensational writing that. Without further ado.
The plot of the story thickens....
“Actually, after when you took photos with Chris and me, I want to admit something to you Vanessa, but I do not dare to. I am afraid that you would scold me,” Carol’s voice seemed to go down a few decibels at the end of her statement as compared to the beginning.
“Just say, I would not scold you, don’t worry,” I assured Carol as I was prepared to hear the worst from Carol.
“I….I really liked Chris. I know that Chris is your friend, I do not know the relationship between the both of you. You do not seem to tell me much about what’s between you and Chris. But he really gives me something very special, unlike that of other customers. He even helped us too. I really feel attracted towards him,” Carol seemed to be in her own world as she just rattled on.
“I hope the two of you are not together?” Carol seemed to be looking forward to a positive answer from me as she looked at me with those hopeful eyes and fell forward towards my direction. She was obviously drunk.
“What do you want right now?” I felt agitated as I recalled the videos in Carol and also about her words just now.
“Sorry, I was just a bit stressed with work earlier on. Chris and I are only friends. That’s all,” I composed myself as fast as possible to avoid any misunderstandings.
“I… I got his number. Perhaps I could call him later and ask him that we can go out and eat. How close were you with him? Did you all do anything?” Carol seemed cheeky.
“Last time you already…” I tried to blurt out but I refrained. I did not want to alert Carol about what she did to me last time.
Carol seemed drunk as she was not walking straight, but she ignored my last statement much to my relief.
“I think he is attracted to you too, maybe you can give to a try to ask him out on your off day,” I did not want to tell her about his sexuality.
“I got something to discuss with you, Vanessa. Can I have a word with you?” Kelly seemed to be serious as I was about to retire to bed.
“Can’t we talk about it tomorrow evening?” I felt irritated as I felt sleepy.
“My two friends from Taiwan want to join me in our workplace, I have asked the boss. He agreed to it. Belinda and Carol are slow learners in dance moves and they are dragging us down. My two friends are talented and I hope that you can give them a chance to join us. Belinda and Carol can hop over to another group or go over to another workplace. I hope you understand,” Kelly did not even bother whether I was listening as she just kept rattling on taking the opportunity that the rest of them are not in the bedroom.
“Let me decide tomorrow, good night,” I decided to process her feedback tomorrow evening.
“May I know your reply?” Kelly approached me as I showered after I woke up the next day.
“Belinda and Carol may be slow but I believe they are hardworking in getting their job done as best as they can. Even if your two friends want to join us, they may not click well with us in terms of the synergy of the group when we are performing,” I was impartial in my reply as I tried my best to draw a line between work and personal matters.
Kelly gave a black face as she walked off. It is a headache to deal with my dance partners. I wish to give in as much as I could but some decisions had to be made to avoid further conflicts.
“Hi, Vanessa, how are you?” Alex’ voice came as a panadol to my headache.
“I am fine. Yourself?” my nonchalant tone seemed to raise his eyebrows.
“I am fine. You look vexed and you seemed to be worried about something. When can we meet again for dinner?” Alex hit the bull’s eye.
I shrugged my shoulders and I did not utter a single word as I went off to other tables.
“Hey Vanessa, this is my colleague, …” Marcus patted on my shoulder.
“Karen!” I interrupted him as I looked at disbelief when I saw Marcus’ female colleague who had a resemblance to my best friend who had passed away.
“Her name is not Karen, her name is Christy,” Marcus corrected me as he gave me a curious look to why I shouted that name.
As memories of the happy times with Karen and I flooded into my mind, I could not help but tear a little. I tried to hold back my tears as I excused myself to the washroom. As I slammed shut the cubicle, I could not help but wailed out loud as I recalled that faithful day when I was with George and Karen committed suicide.
I knew that I had to compose myself as I quickly dried my tears. As I looked at the reflection on the other side of the mirror at the basin, I saw Karen behind me. I was so frightened that my voice box could not even squeeze out a single word.
“Are you alright? Your face is so pale,” Christy was beside me as she was washing her hands.
“I am alright. Thank you,” I realised that she was Christy and not Karen.
As I went about to entertain my customers, I could not help but look at Christy. Every time when I see Christy, I would think of Karen. To avoid thinking about Karen, I drank glass after glass. As I do not drink that much normally, some of my customers were surprised. A few tried to be touchy with me as I felt high and a bit drunk, others expressed their concern.
“You are going to get very drunk if you carry on like this, here is a glass of plain water,” Alex seemed to come from nowhere as I staggered around not realizing that I had accidentally hit my arm against his table.
“You…..you are so nice. Why don’t you put your hands around me since I am already so close to you, you are shy?” I let out a cynical laughter as I took the plain water and gulped down like how I gulped down the many glasses of alcohol earlier.
“Why don’t you stay at my table? I wouldn’t make you drink some more,” Alex persuaded me which obviously fell on deaf ears.
“I just want to drink as much as I can today. It was not my fault that this happened, I did not mean to kill her,” I started to blurt out things which should not be said as those words seemed to be summoned from my subconsciousness.
Alex seemed puzzled as he had no idea what I was talking about. I stopped what I was saying as I tapped on his shoulders and told him that I had to go over to other tables.
“Vanessa, look at this ring. Isn’t it beautiful?” Christy talked to me when I went over to their table as Marcus and the rest of them were busy playing dice games.
“My husband proposed to me a few months ago and we are going to get married next week when he comes back from Taiwan on a business trip. Which part of Taiwan do you come from?” her words seemed to have a freezing effect on me as I stared at the ring.
“Vanessa? Can you hear me?” Christy raised her voice a little as she woke me out of a stupor.
“I am from Tai Zhong. Excuse me for a while,” I smiled at her as I took the right opportunity to leave their table.
I felt that everything from the past seemed to haunt me again. Christy had a striking resemblance to that of Karen. Even the way Christy talked is quite similar somewhat, but she could not be Karen. Karen had already passed away for so long. I tried to suppress any thoughts of Karen as deep down as possible in my mind so that it would not distract me from work.
As the lights were turned on, it was time to go home. I staggered to the toilet as I tried to throw up. It was a long time since I was that drunk. As some of my colleagues offered help to assist me back home, I declined. I wanted to be alone for a while.
As I stared at the mirror, I did not know how to react. There were no movements of tears in my eyes as my eyes were just moist from the tears. I did not know how long I could stay in Singapore to work. I just wanted to go back to my home country, but I had nothing to look forward to. It was definitely not George. In a foreign country where I have limited knowledge of the English language and where that language is used everywhere in here, I did not know what else I could do. I had nothing to look forward to in here and back in Taiwan.
As I staggered out of the toilet, Steven was sweeping the floor.
“Steven, where is everybody?” I looked around as nobody else was around.
“Everybody had left about five to ten minutes ago. Drunk again?” Steven let out a slight laughter as he shook his head.
As I took my bag and walked out, I was surprised that Alex was near the lift.
“What are you doing here?” my eyes opened as wide as I can.
“Your colleague said you were in the toilet, I waited for you as you were inside there for quite some time. You are definitely drunk, you want me to bring you back home?” Alex was concerned as I was staggering towards his direction.
“I don’t want to go home, bring me somewhere else,” I did not know why I said such a thing as I did not want to go home and see the same old people in the same room.
“Would you like to come to my home?” Alex offered a suggestion.
“You stupid fool, you don’t know women well. Women don’t like to be asked when they have hinted to you. They like to be told at the right time,” I let out a semi-maniac laughter as I pointed my finger at him, as if mocking at him.
As I closed my eyes to pretend to sleep, my head was leaning towards his shoulder. As I put my hands together and put it on his shoulder, I felt comfortable. When the car stopped occasionally at the traffic junction, I was anticipating him to do something. Anything, but he did not. I smiled to myself as I fell into a deep slumber.
“Wake up, we have reached,” Alex’s incessant patting on my head woke me up as I had not fully woken up.
Alex helped me to his bedroom as I sat at his sofa seat. My head was spinning and I could not make out the features in his bedroom except for the fact that he has a television set, a cupboard with stuffed toys on top of it.
I had not stepped into a man’s bedroom for quite a long time. I knew that if I were to step in to some of my customers’ home, I would literally be “eaten” up by them. Alex was different. He seemed trustworthy although I could not feel a sense of security when he was around. He just made me want to be wild and reckless with him.
“Would you like to see me in a modern kimono dress? I have nothing else to change to anyway. I got it from a shop earlier today for Halloween night a few days later,” I felt much better although I was still very high on alcohol. As I spoke, the alcohol smell in my breath was so strong that my nose felt irritated by it.
“That would be interesting. The toilet has almost everything you need. Make yourself at home,” Alex’s tone seemed casual but nervous.
“Something seemed missing from your dress, I am not very good in kimono dresses but it’s a bit revealing. Wow,” Alex’s eyes were wide open as I came out of the washroom after a quick shower.
As my hair was slightly messy, I stared into his eyes: the window to his soul. I gave him a dreamy look but I wanted to dig out what he really wanted. His fantasies, his needs are what I want to know from just that stare into his eyes.
“I did not wear the full kimono dress. I did not wear the under gown. I only wore the top coat with the drop sleeves. Untying the knot of this sash with the knot would reveal everything of me to you,” my voice was barely audible on purpose as my top coat was slightly off my shoulder. It was on purpose as I wanted to play a little mind game with him.
As I climbed on top of him kneeling down on the bed, my legs were wide apart as his legs were sandwiched between mine. The fringes of the top coat tickled the skin of his legs a little as I could feel him twitching. I took his hand and put his fingers onto the knot.
“Do I look like a slutty Geisha to you?” I did not know why I blurted it out as it felt a little unnecessary.
I breathed hard as I anticipated an answer. He seemed to want to say something but he could not.
“Pull it,” my lips moved as my voice box did not make a single sound. The silence was so deafening that even the low-pitched humming of the air conditioner could be heard.
His hands were slightly trembling as he slowly pulled it, as the top coat became to slip down my body. I closed my eyes and I enjoyed the sensation as I felt the fabric sliding down my arms……
-the end-
WHat's going to happen next? Part 11 would reveal it all!
I hope you all enjoyed the story. haha, even I enjoyed writing those last paragraphs the most in this story so far. I hope you all would feel the same way when you all were reading it.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment