Monday, August 27, 2012

It will stop raining eventually (part 3: conclusion)

Hi everybody, hope that you have enjoyed the first two parts. This story is not like those typical stories that I do write which are more than 8 parts and a total of 30 000 words or more. This story is pretty short so if you expect a 10000 word conclusion, sorry to disappoint. Just to highlight,  my friend would like to advertise on my blog. Haha, really advertise. This is the following URL:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150977317681516.416954.630731515&type=1&l=fb6cb6827c 

She is selling Korean accessories online and that she would be updating the list of accessories every 2 weeks. Buy 3 accessories and above to enjoy free registered mail. So maybe you can check it out. Eileen, now you owe me two dates! now, no time go dating yet. haha, just kidding.

So lets conclude...


“If I were to do or tell you something, would it change your decision?” his words seemed to strike me with a bolt of lightning.

He pulled over to a quiet place and there was an awkward silence for a few seconds. I stared at him, wondering what he would do or tell me. I was a bit afraid that he would do something extreme as I was sitting inside his vehicle, not knowing what to do next. The droplets of water that hit the windscreen became more frequent and larger as the pelting rain started to make subdued noises.

At the next moment, he just got out of the car and ran over to my window. I tried to grab him back but I could not, it was too late. As I winded down the window, I could feel the water droplets started to splash in a little and my hand was slightly wet but it was a stark contrast to him being already drenched in the rain.

“Can you be my girlfriend?” he took out a ring from his pocket as he knelt down a little.

I opened my mouth with disbelief, I shook my head not because I did not want to be his girlfriend. I would love to be right now, but I did not know that he would go to such a big extent.

“Through bad times or good times, I would take care of you and hopefully for the rest of my life. I hope you would change your mind, and accept me instead,” he shouted out as his voice was partially drowned by the heavy rain.

“Get inside, you fool. You would get sick if you stand out there any longer,” I pulled his arm as I waved my other hand to beckon him back into the vehicle.

“As long as you accept me, it’s worth it,” he tried to be as clear as he could but the rain drops were going into his mouth stifling partially the sound from his voice box.

“Rick, I am so touched by what you did, you really hold a very high position in my heart, but I cannot be with you, I am so sorry,” my heart ached not for him as my tears flew profusely down to my cheeks.

I could see that Rick was disappointed, he did not budge a single inch as he partially knelt there, his head went down. I could not see his facial expressions but he was drenched to the skin.

“Rick, don’t stay there, please. You would fall sick,” I begged him as I tried to shook his shoulders continuously

A mixture of anger and love started to send an adrenaline flowing through my whole body. I opened the car door as I knocked him partially down to the floor and he was in a daze.

“Why are you so foolish? Why are you putting me on the spot? Why do you love me so much? Why did you tell me only now,” I continuously hit him on the body, crying, knowing that all the questions that shot out of my mouth would be left unanswered.

He seemed to recover instantly from the daze and he wrapped his arms around me tightly as if protecting me from the rain. He grabbed my wrist and ran to the nearby shelter.

I was soaked too as I could feel the wetness of his skin on mine. I could not tell whether he cried as the rain drops on top of his head was flowing down to his cheeks. I tried to endure an endless turbulence of emotions from coming my way but I could only hold this much as a tear trickled down my cheek with a curve trajectory into my mouth and merged with a raindrop. The salinity of the tear seemed to add more pain in my heart as my decision-making seemed to be blurred.

“Rick, please…… don’t give me too much pressure,” my chest hurt a little as my legs felt like jelly, wanting to just crumble to the floor and break down.

As Rick held me tightly, he tried to kiss me but I resisted. As I struggled from his firm hold on me, I managed to break free of my right arm and I gave him a tight slap.

“I do have a mental connection with you, but I have a boyfriend now. I cannot have any physical contact with you anymore,” I looked at my hand at dismay and my stammering projected out my scared emotions.

Rick felt his face in disbelief as he let go of me gently.

“I just wanted to kiss your forehead and hope that you would be well and good with your new boyfriend. I did not know that you would react in an adverse way,” his disappointment seemed to be etched all over his face in a much elaborate tone than earlier.

I did not bother to look at the direction of the voice. I did not want to reply but I just walked away. As my pace went up a notch or two, I felt I was a distance away from him, but I did not want to turn back. I froze in my steps for a while, hoping that he would run towards me, but I knew that he did not. It was from there, that I hardly talk to him anymore.

Through the months, I enjoyed Andy’s company a lot and our love became stronger. Although I did message to Rick every now and then, his reply was brief and short and not frequent. Sometimes he would give me some advice here and there.

It was one afternoon when it was the first time that Rick initiated the conversation. The message read, “I need to tell you something, it’s quite important. Hope you can meet at the usual place that we normally meet.”

I still remembered the place.. It was evening and I walked towards the cafe. I felt nostalgic as I used to frequent here often with Rick.

As I pulled the heavy metal chair across Rick, Rick greeted me with a faint smile.

“It’s been quite a long while since we last met,” Rick’s opening statement seemed to be expected.

“I still care for you all these while, you still hold a special place in my heart, Rick,” my words seemed to make his hands go towards mine as I withdrew them from the table.

“You have something to say?” I was trying to distract him from his glances at me.

“You have not told me your boyfriend’s name, but I believe its Andy right? I guessed it’s a pretty small world. Andy is introduced by me from a mutual friend of ours in one of the regular drinking places that we used to go to. He is a nice and cheerful chap. I got to know that he is your boyfriend was because I accidentally saw your picture and his together on his mobile phone, but when I asked him whether he has a girlfriend or not, he seemed to be elusive. On that night, he was very close with another woman,” his long explanation was punctuated by a group photo that was taken with Andy putting his arm around the woman.

At first I felt infuriated but I tried to calm myself down. “He still loves me very much,” I chanted in my head umpteen times.

“Are you alright, Alicia?” Rick woke me up from a stupor.

“I am fine. Maybe I am thinking too much. I would not want to speculate on anything,” I consoled myself.

“Well, although we don’t talk much, I still care for you from time to time. At least now I have the courage to see you again and not feel heart-broken. I don’t want you to get hurt or being made used by other men. Andy gives me the impression that he is a smooth talker and he knows how to get things his way, but anyway maybe in the future, I hope that you can work things out with him,” Andy’s words seemed to have a limited impact on me.

Two months later,

My friend had something on and had to cancel the dinner appointment with her. Thinking to give Andy a surprise, I did not want to call him to tell him that I would be seeing him. Even if he is not at home, I would just make myself comfortable at home as sometimes I would sleep over at his home.

Something was amiss as I saw a pair of red high-heels on the floor beside his pair of shoes. Those heels were definitely not mine and they looked kind of familiar but I could not recall at that point of time. The gate was closed but not locked and the wooden door was slightly ajar.

As I tip-toed into the room, I could not hear any noise. They could be inside the bedroom. My temperature was starting to boil. What Rick had told me could be true. He could be playing behind my back, I thought. To think that I trust him so much, it could be that he knew that I had a dinner appointment and took this opportunity to have a good time with another woman.

The living room was empty, hardly anything was out of position as I saw two glasses of water which seemed to be half-drunk on the table. The bedroom door was slightly ajar.

I crept slowly towards the door as wild thoughts meandered around my mind. I hate to see Andy cheating on me, and I wanted to turn away and walked out, but I could not. I wanted to know what he was doing, I want to confirm my thoughts and feelings that Andy was cheating me. It’s my intuition that grew stronger in me that Andy was starting to lose interest in me.

 As I cautiously peered into the bedroom, I could not believe what I saw. I tried to hold back my emotions but I wanted to see what was developing. Andy was kissing another girl in the bed. I could see his hands were all over her and vice versa. As Andy unbuttoned her blouse, I could see that Andy was very wild and passionate.

“I love to play games with you, Belinda. Let’s play a different game today,” Andy grinned naughtily.

“You naughty boy, have you locked the gate? I think you forgotten. Can you go lock it,” Belinda’s voice sounded abit hoarse and very sexy as I finally got to see her face. I could also see her blouse was half-unbuttoned and part of her bra was exposed. It was the same picture as the one that Rick showed to me!

As Andy was about to approach the door, I slammed the door wide-open, almost hitting Andy.

“Andy, you bastard,” my hand was targeting at his face the moment I spoke out the three words.

Andy raised his arm to block me first, as he reacted very fast to my attempted attack.

“Andy, who is this woman? Belinda cried out as she tried to button up her blouse.

I went over and attempted to pull Belinda by her blouse and gave her one tight slap on the face.

“Andy, what is it that she has that I don’t have?” the colour of my mood was green, obviously jealous of her voluptuous body when I peeked but I knew that I am no inferior to her too in terms of looks and figure.

“Its not the right time for me to explain now, Belinda, I think you leave us alone. I would talk to you another day,” Andy spoke with a heavy sign and I could see that Belinda did not show any feelings of any sort when she took her bag and left.

As Andy closed the gate, I stared at Andy. He looked so cool and calm, a great contrast to how I felt.

“She is someone that I have business dealings with. We are very close and its just at the spur of the moment,..”Andy put his hands on my shoulder but I moved away from him which interrupted his sentence.

“You are the woman I love, Alicia. I admit I am in the wrong, but would you forgive me?” Andy’s voice started to show some remorse but I was trying not to be moved by his words.

“Are you sure?” I am feeling doubtful about what he said, as I felt confused.

He didn’t say anything but he just grabbed me and kissed me as his hands roamed all around me. I felt seduced by his silence and his actions, but yet not convinced by his words.

As he tried to undress me, I struggled and resisted.

“What are you doing, Andy? I am not in the mood for this,” my irritation grew as he tried to take advantage of me.

“Come on, baby, let me just pamper you tonight,” his words sent my blood boiling to the maximum temperature.

“Andy! Stop! Just now you were going to your fun with another woman and since you got caught by me, you want me to satisfy your desires instead. Do you have any regards to my feelings or not?” my screams at him were punctuated with a tight slap across his face.

“I told you about my situation with Belinda. I truly love you,” his stern stare into my eyes hardly convinced me in any way.

I did not even bother to speak a single word as I brush my clothes to make it neat and got out of the apartment even though he repeatedly call me to come back. I knew that I was determined to end this once and for all.


It was painful though, as I am single again right now. I still feel emotionally attached to Rick although it faded over the months. I had enough of Andy’s lies and I did not want to trust this kind of man anymore. It was only a few months later that I decided to take a gamble and ask Rick out.

“You looked very worried, anything happened between you and Andy?” Rick’s voice was etched with concern and it was obvious that he did not know about this matter at all.

“We broke up a few months ago. He is involved with the woman in the picture that you showed to me,” I was trying to hold back my tears but I could not as a few trickled down my cheek.

“Rick, I have made a few mistakes in the past, and choosing Andy was one of the greatest one that I have made,” I was trying to think of a way to hint to him if I could be with him but I did not want to make Rick feel that he was a backup to Andy.

“Actually, I can read your mind, Alicia. Even till now, I still miss you a lot. You hold a very special place in my heart and it’s very difficult for a woman to actually replace you. I would still want to be with you if you allow me to,” Rick’s words were assuring as his hands put on top of mine.

Rick took out the ring, it was the same ring that he showed me many months ago. I did not hesitate but to take the ring and put it in my hand.

“Let me decide if I would want to wear the ring and on which finger,” my cheeky reply was met with a wide smile on Rick’s face.

As we just grabbed each other’s hands across the table, there were no words spoken as we understood each other. It felt like the rain which had poured for many months had stopped eventually…

3 comments:

sam said...

well crafted stories with unexpected twists.
Totally able to visualize the scenes in the stories.

Best written so far!

sam said...

well crafted stories with unexpected twists.
Totally able to visualize the scenes in the stories.

Best written so far!

sam said...

well crafted stories with unexpected twists.
Totally able to visualize the scenes in the stories.

Best written so far!