Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Deceit [การหลอกลวง] (gaan Laawk Luaang) - Part 2

Hi everybody. I am back again with second part of the story. For those who missed the first part, you can go to the blog archive on the right and under January 2010, you can click on the first part to read or alternatively you can scroll down (might take quite long!) to part 1. Once again, I hope that you all would enjoy the continuation of the story. Koob Kun Mak Khrap! (Thank you very much!)
The main course of the story unfolds....

I closed my eyes and waited for something to happen.

“Your strap slipped out of your shoulder,” Keith interrupted the deafening silence as he pulled up the strap up to my shoulder.

When the silence resumed, my mood had a three hundred sixty degree change. I did not know that I was almost leaning onto him as Keith was almost grabbing hold of me to prevent me from falling off.

“Thanks,” this was the only word I said as my mouth could not mince my feelings into words.

I left hurriedly without a word, walking awkwardly without saying a goodbye.

“Good morning, Tassa. I hope you have a good night sleep last night,” Keith seemed casual with his tone.

I did not know how to reply him and I still felt embarrassed about last night’s incidence. I was lucky that only both of us were in the studio at that moment.

I nodded my head without even looking at him and went about being busy preparing to memorise the lyrics of some new songs.

As my attention was only on the songs, I could not help but recall last night’s incident. From Mr. Thaphorn’s offer to the close encounter with Keith, it seemed like there was so much happening on that day.

As we went to the same pub that I first performed, the mood was a total drastic change from the very first time I went there. Nevertheless, when I started performing, I had to put my distractions aside and perform my best. The effort to do my best seemed much tougher as I did not dare to look at Keith. Even though Keith deliberately moved nearer towards me while we were performing, I tried my best to avoid him discreetly.

As we went down to the stage and walked towards the store room, Keith grabbed my hand.

“Why are you avoiding me all these while after that night?” his voice seemed persistent for a very good answer.

I turned around and looked at him. I would be bluffing myself if I said I did not like him. I wanted to hug him and kissed him that night, but I was scared. I did not know what I was afraid of. I was not afraid of whether I would get rejected by him. I seriously did not know any other reason amidst my confused mind at that moment.

“Let me go,” my affirmative tone made Keith let go of my hand.

As I walked away from him, Mr. Thaphorn appeared in front of me from nowhere.

“So have you decided?” Mr. Thaphorn spoke in my familiar language.

“Yes. I have decided. I would be your mistress for 6 months and my father’s debts would be erased right?” my voice was deliberately loud as I replied back in English.

Mr. Thaphorn laughed cynically as he nodded his head.

Mr. Thaphorn put his hand over my waist as we walked down. My footsteps felt heavier each step I took. My heart seemed to bleed profusely but the only thing I felt was my tears been choked up to nose and could not reach to my eyes. I wanted to turn around to see Keith but I refrained.

As we went to Mr. Thaphorn’s bungalow, my heart dropped. I did not know what is like to be someone’s mistress. I did not want to be seen as a slut who breaks up marriages. I did not want to sleep with a man whom I would never love.

“Take a seat,” Mr. Thaphorn interrupted the silence unexpectedly as we walked towards the patio.

I awkwardly shifted myself to sit down beside him as I faced him. I would admit that his garden and the pond were very scenic. The landscape was well sculptured to suit his home.

“Back in Thailand six years ago, I have seen you perform for the first time on the beach. Among the other singers, you are very special. You sing with a hidden message to pass across to your listeners and your eyes, I must say cast a ‘spell’ on me. I like you a lot back then and hope to know you but I did not have to a chance to as my wife was with me,” his words seemed to punch me in the head as the past slowly unfolded in front of me like a carpet rolling out for me to walk on the carpeted walkway of nostalgia.

“When I came to Singapore two years ago, I opened this pub and I asked Mr. Lee who is now your manager to search for you. You shifted to another village very far away from where I saw you. Mr. Lee took more than one year to locate you and finally brought you to me,” his words seemed to force my tears out of my eyes.
I shook my head. Mr. Lee was bluffing me all these while. I was not going to develop any singing career in here. Mr. Lee must have known about all these all along. He just wanted to bring me to Mr. Thaphorn to be his mistress, that’s all. There was no singing career to be developed in here. I am not going to produce any records. So what if Mr. Lee is a director of the top recording firm in Singapore? It was just to cover his intentions. I could not believe he deceived me.

“My wife is always on overseas trips. She would be away for 2 months and be back for a few weeks before she would be away for another 3 months. I really liked you. Can you accompany me for 6 months? I really need you,” Mr. Thaphorn grabbed my hand. His words seemed to soothe me. Mr. Lee’s lies seemed to make Mr. Thaphorn not such a bad person. He lent money to my father but my father could not pay back. I knew that if Mr. Thaphorn did not lend money to my father, my whole family would have died of hunger long ago.

“My father begged me to lend him money and I knew that he was your father. I could not bear to see you suffer so..” I held up my hand to signal him to stop.

“Enough, I would be your mistress for the six months but it is because I want to repay my gratitude to you. I would not have a single drop of love for you and I don’t want you to sympathise me,” I affirmed as I looked at his eyes.

As he looked intensely into my eyes, he spoke softly, “You have your mother’s eyes, they are not just big and they are like your second mouth. They can talk and they are talking to me now.”

As his lips went closer towards me, I recalled the moment when I was with Keith in the studio. Although the intention was different, I needed someone to ‘hang’ on. As a young lady coming to a foreign country with hardly any friends, I felt very lonely and this man could fill my emptiness temporarily. Although at first I had a nasty impression of Mr. Thaphorn when he gave me the offer, I felt he was not bad after all.

As our lips touched and our lips caressed each other, he complimented with me so well, that I could not deny that I wanted more. The energy of his kissing did not make me feel that I was kissing someone twenty five years my senior. The passion ignited as our lips didn’t part as we groped in the dark to go through the main door and onto the sofa.

My mind was blank as passion overruled my logical thinking that I should not show any love or passion towards this man. As our lips parted each other, I breathed very hard. Mr. Thaphorn looked at my eyes intensely as his hands slowly came down from my cheeks, to my neck and down to my body. I shivered as he touched my sensitive areas. He understood me very well, how my feelings connected to my body. Although I felt a sense of artificial romance in the air, it seemed to be so real that I could not tell the difference. It was heavenly as his kisses and his touches ignited my senses everywhere. Being refrained for too long time, I could not help but release my inner emotions bit by bit.

The magical moment seemed to flash past as I did not realize that more and more of my bare flesh was revealed in front of him. Unknowingly, I could not feel that he had unbuttoned my blouse and unzipped my skirt as his smooth caresses and kisses distracted me from my conscious awareness. As I was down to just my underwear, my body was twisted seductively in front of him like a meretricious ornament. I felt the need to give in wholeheartedly to this man and not because I am his mistress.

“I hope my eyes aren’t just your favourite part of me,” as I looked passionately in his eyes and removed the last bits of cloth on me in front of him. His eyes slowly shifted southwards from my eyes as he seemed to be in awe, stepping up my ego a notch or two.

As our bare bodies were in contact, it seemed to be a dream as I suddenly felt as if Keith was on top of me. I could not believe my eyes as my eyes seemed to be blurred with the immense pleasure and satisfaction that I was having.

As Keith groaned out loud, I shouted as I felt another level of highness. “Oh Keith. I love you..Oh,” I unknowingly whispered hoarsely.

“Tassa, who is Keith?” Mr Thaphorn’s words seemed to have gotten me out of my dreamy zone.

“Sorry Mr. Thaphorn, I didn’t mean to blurt it out,” I put my hands together and put them near my face to apologise.

“Its ok, my sweetheart. I can understand,” Mr Thaphorn handed me my clothes as he dressed up.

When Mr. Thaphorn reached my home, he kissed me goodbye and I went up to my home.

“I am trying to look for you all these while. I miss you so much,” a familiar voice from behind shook me up. I turned around and was surprised by his presence.


Wonder who is that mysterious person? Watch out for part 3!

Appreciate that you all spend some time to read the story. I hoped you enjoyed it!

No comments: