Hi everybody, its me again with part 4! Last night, when I was writing this part, I fell asleep and woke up at around 4.30 in the morning today! I tried to sleep but I couldn't so I decided to finish this part and after 2 hours later, I managed to finish this part. One of my readers was wondering whether how many parts are there in this story? Well, maybe part 5 or 6 or even 7 perhaps? I would not want to say which part is the last part and you all would know it when I end it. Till then, enjoy reading the story and one note to Mr. Ng. You are very lucky, now you are getting more involved. Haha.
The story develops on.........
As the distance between our lips was a hairline away, Mr. Ng turned away. I was quite surprised at his reaction. Under the moonlight, I could see Mr. Ng’s face was a bit red. I did not know what to say as I did not want to interrupt the golden silence so fast.
“It’s just too fast, I just feel a bit shy because I do not want to give you the impression that I want to flirt around and just make use of you for tonight. After missing you for 2 months, I have been thinking about you. It was not just about your performance but also you as a person. I want to know you more. I want to know about your life from the past to the present, what you do everyday and so on. Can I?” his tone sounded very solemn but sincere as he looked at me with a hope of a positive answer.
I gave the sweetest smile I could give to him but I preferred to leave the question unanswered. I waved to him goodbye and stepped out of the car to go home. Although I had a good impression on him, I had my reservations as I did not want to get involved emotionally with a customer in my workplace.
On the next day as I woke up, I was greeted with a kiss by Mr. Thaphorn.
“Did you miss me, darling?” his smile came with a question.
“Yes, I do, my sweetheart,” I was surprised that I did not feel irked by my own answer.
“It’s from your mother, go read it,” Mr. Thaphorn passed me a letter.
As I eagerly opened it, I started reading it.
“Hi, my precious daughter. I was not able to contact you for the past few weeks so I decided to write a letter. We are still well and good. We have received the money that you have sent to us and we are able to live comfortably at this moment. I want you to work hard in Singapore and when you have finished your work in Singapore, I hope that you can come back home. I miss you…”
Although there was no indication that anything bad had happened, I had a premonition that something might have happened. I brushed aside those thoughts and felt that they were baseless. It was very difficult to contact my mother on the phone as the village had only one common phone and she had to walk a distance to reach to the phone. I decided to write a letter to reply back to my mother.
As I was writing, I was suddenly jolted backwards by a sudden force. I turned around and I saw an unfamiliar middle-aged woman. She was fair and her complexion is well-maintained at her age. Judging from her overall looks, she was definitely from my home country. Without saying a word, she gave me a tight slap on my face.
“You slut, you seduce my husband,” she pointed at Mr. Thaphorn who was behind her trying to pull her away from me. Her screams were shrill and so deafening that I had to cover my ears.
“My dear, she works for me, she was helping me in something….”Mr. Thaphorn rebuked.
“Help you in what? Satisfying your lust? Your desires?” Her fury was so scary that I froze with my hand on the part of my face that was slapped not knowing what to do.
Before Mr. Thaphorn could react, she went to the wardrobe and opened the door so fast that it could have flew off the wardrobe.
“What are all these? You are going to be in hot soup!” Mrs. Thaphorn threw my clothes out on the bed including my nightwear and my lingerie.
The momentary silence seemed very tense.
“I do not know what you do when you were away on long trips. You left me alone in here for months. You promised that if we came to Singapore, you would spend time with me, but instead you went to start your own business and expanded abroad. You hardly spend time with me. Don’t forget the capital for the business comes from me,” he tried to make up the words properly as his thoughts were impromptu and he tried to defend himself.
‘Fine, I leave. I give you one week before I leave for Hong Kong, to decide whether you want to be with this bitch,” she left with a huff as her last word on me gave me a stinging effect on my feelings.
I cried at the desk as I covered my face with my hands. I just wanted to find a man whom I can love whole-heartedly and vice versa, not being someone’s mistress. So what if Mr. Thaphorn treated me very well? I was after all his mistress, not his wife.
As Mr. Thaphorn put his arms around my waist, he tried to console me with his assuring hugs.
“Sorry, darling. I did not expect this to happen. I do not love this woman anymore. She has changed so much. If I could see her for more than 30 days a year, I am considered lucky. Only you can fill in this empty space in me right now,” his words seemed to be in a melodic tone as they soothed me a little.
I did not spoke a word as his hugs around me seemed to be the right prescription at that moment to heal not only the hurt I had received just now but also my emotional scars which were partially reopened by Mrs. Thaphorn’s slap and insults on me.
It was night time, as I started to go about my routine to perform. As the number of songs that I knew how to sing grew, I felt a sense of achievement as I could manage to sing all the songs that the customers requested me to sing. This was the only consolation on that day as my work distracted me totally from the forgettable moment that had happened earlier on that day.
“Hi. You still remember me?” a familiar voice rang from behind.
I turned around and saw Mr. Ng. I nodded my head.
“Can you sit down with me for a while?” Mr. Ng requested as his hand directed at the direction of the sofa seat.
“I would join you later, I have to entertain other customers,” I smiled briefly as I left hurriedly.
As I mingled with the customers and drank, my mood was very happy as I felt very high. The alcohol in me that could take away my worries for that night was the most I could ask for. As I drank more and more, a hand grabbed me as I was directed to a sofa seat.
“Are you alright?” a voice from an unknown direction seemed to be directed at me.
As I smiled at him, he gave me a glass of ice-water.
As I looked closer at him, I did not realise he was Mr. Ng.
“I like you a lot. Can I have your number?” Judging from his tone, he seemed sober.
“I like you too. Let me tell you my number,” as I spoke without thinking, I took his mobile phone and punched in my number in it.
“I got to perform now. I would come down later to find you,” I spoke hurriedly as I rushed up the stage.
As I was performing my final set of songs, I scanned through the audience and smiled at Mr. Ng as I sang. I felt as if I was floating on the stage as I recalled the moment when I was in the car with him. My feelings were synchronized to the lyrics as those feelings were projected out fully in the song. As I glanced at Mr. Ng, he smiled at me, as if knowing what I was thinking about in my head.
As I finished the song, I came down and sat beside Mr. Ng.
“I hoped you like the song,” I smiled at him as I served him a drink.
As the pub was closing, I took my bag preparing to go home when Mr. Ng led my hand near the exit to the direction of his car.
I was quite surprised by his reaction as he just led me to his car and he just drove off. I did not know how to react but I did not try to stop him. As he was driving, the golden silence made me increasingly awkward. I wanted to break this silence, but I did not know what to tell him.
“We have reached my place,” Mr. Ng finally spoken. I did not realise that he did not drive me back to my own home but to his home.
“Mr. Ng, I have to go home,” I felt abit worried as Mr. Thaphorn would be at home. It was getting late and I did not want Mr. Thaphorn to worry.
“Just follow me, I want to show you something,” Mr. Ng beckoned me as I stepped into the main gate of his semi-detached home.
It was dark and my eyes could only outline the silhouette of the garden landscape. As Mr. Ng switched on some of the lights which shone on the garden, my mouth literally dropped as I could not believe my eyes. Purple orchids were literally everywhere. Orchids were my favourite flower and purple was my favourite colour for this species of flower.
As Mr. Ng stood behind me, I stepped on the grass and looked at the purple orchids. It was a beautiful sight.
“I knew you liked orchids, so I planted them myself. I overheard that you said to a customer that you liked purple orchids before you disappeared for 2 months. I decided to plant purple orchids so that I could remember you,” a sense of achievement was clearly in his voice.
As these flowers brought tranquility in my heart, it was the first time that a man whom I barely knew would do so much for me. As I turned around to face Mr. Ng, I felt like tearing as I was moved by his effort. As a tear trickled down my eye, his left hand brushed my tear aside. My eyes seemed not able to escape his as he held my waist, not knowing what to do. Not afraid of being embarrassed, I hugged him tight as I kissed him on the lips. His lips on mine were at first frozen in mine but he soon reciprocated back with a rush of passion which penetrated inside me literally. As we kissed, it was unlike that of with Mr. Thaphorn. The passion was real and raw. It was that kiss that I realised that my feelings for Mr. Thaphorn were of pretence and he was just someone to fill up the empty space in my heart. As our kisses were deeper and wetter, I felt as if I had known this man for a long time.
The ringing of my phone interrupted our intimate moment. When I realised that it was Mr. Thaphorn who was calling me, I panicked. He must be very angry that I had not come back at this hour.
“Where have you been? I am worried sick about you!” Mr. Thaphorn’s voice was obviously audible to Mr. Ng in the quiet surroundings.
“I met an old friend and had supper. I am going back home now,” my impromptu response surprised even myself for coming up with a lie that quick.
Mr. Thaphorn put down the phone without saying a word. I knew that he must be not very pleased that I did not inform him beforehand.
“Sorry I have to go, my boss is waiting for me,” I apologized.
“Its ok, do you need a lift?” his offer was flatly declined.
“Its not convenient, if it’s alright to send me to the main road, I would take a taxi from there,” I felt disappointed that it had to end abruptly.
On my way home, I smiled to myself as the memories at his garden flooded my mind. Although there were regular customers who treated me very well, I felt that Mr. Ng was someone very special that made me want to know him more.
“Please do inform me where you are going next time ok?” Mr. Thaphorn’s reminder seemed to fall on deaf ears.
As I went to the room, I was unaware that Mr. Thaphorn was looking at me all these while.
“Could you excuse me? I need to change,” I glanced at him from the corner of my eye as I took out my bathrobe from the wardrobe.
“Are you seeing somebody? I see that you aren’t really paying attention to me these few days,” Mr. Thaphorn raised his voice a little.
“The slap from your wife still hurts me, what do you expect me to do?” I pretended as I put my hand on my right hand side of my face where she slapped, trying to feel pitiful.
“I know you suffered a lot, my dear, I shall leave you alone,” Mr. Thaphorn seemed convinced by my answer.
As I came out of the shower, Mr. Thaphorn was standing near the door as he tugged my bathrobe so hard that the fabric belt around my bathrobe loosened.
“You better tell me the truth what was going on!” Mr. Thaphorn’s voice boomed at my ears.
The end of part 4. What did Mr. Thaphorn find out? Find out more in part 5! Till then, I hope you enjoy this part of the story and if I have not released part 5 before the Year of the Tiger arrives, I would like to wish everybody a Happy Chinese New Year and Happy holidays!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment