Hi everybody. I hope that all of you are enjoying yourselves over the Chinese New Year Holidays. In between visits, indulging in good food etc, I kinda have time to write part 6. After just 3 days, I managed to chisel and carve out part 6. I hope that you would like the story.
The story continues....
“No matter what choice you make, you have to come with me to the pub to meet somebody tonight. He might be able to change your life drastically for the better,” Mr. Thaphorn continued as his stern look set me aback for a while.
I had nothing to lose anyway, so I nodded my head in agreement.
“Meet Mr. Leow. Mr. Leow is the managing director of GMI Records, This beautiful lady here is Tassa. She is the singer that I have been talking to you about,” Mr. Thaphorn introduced both of us to each other as we shook hands.
As we talked, I learnt that Mr. Leow was scouting for talents in a privately held talent competition. The top singer chosen would be rewarded with a handsome cash reward and a contract to produce albums in his record company for this talent competition.
A woman who seemed to be in her 30s came over to our table.
“This is Miss Chut, she is the music director of the company. She would be here to listen to you perform on the stage. I hope that you can give us an excellent performance,” Mr. Leow gave me a smile as he felt confident about me.
My heart beat per minute increased a few notches as I went up to the stage. Unlike other performances, this performance would determine whether I would be chosen by the two directors. I quickly shut out my thoughts and suppressed the pressure inside me as I just went about to sing like every other night. As I stringently kept within my optimal zone, I sang my favourite songs and I enjoyed myself as I visualized myself to be my favourite singer, Marsha. Unknowingly I was making slick movements on my feet as I playfully danced with William. William in turn raised his guitar as he swung his guitar in a few directions. It was an unforgettable night as I enjoyed myself the most out of the many nights that I performed.
As I finished my songs, whistles and claps came from all directions. As I waved to the audience, I went down the stage and sat with the directors and Mr. Thaphorn.
“You are a superb performer and a very powerful singer. Your performance really blew me away. I have not seen such a world-class performance for a long time. Why didn’t we discover you earlier?” Mr. Leow’s words were so flattering that my face turned a little red.
“You would take part in the competition and I believe that you can do very well in it and stand a good chance to have a long working relationship with us,” Miss. Chut added in much to my delight.
“Thank you very much, no words can express how I feel right now,” I spoke as a tear came out of my eye.
As the car reached near his home, Mr. Thaphorn put his hand on my thigh in the car.
“I have filed for a divorce. After the necessary documents have been processed and when the time is right, I would marry you. I want you to be my wife,” Mr. Thaphorn’s words shocked me.
As Mr. Thaphorn led me into the room, he took out something from his pocket.
He opened the small square box as it revealed a big diamond ring. I put my hand on my mouth as I could not believe what I saw.
“This is your birthday present. Happy Birthday to you!” Mr. Thaphorn put the box gently in my palms as he kissed my forehead.
I felt overwhelmed and touched that he remembered my birthday and gave me such an expensive present.
“Forget about the past, alright? Let us start anew together.” Mr. Thaphorn’s words seemed not to reach to my ears as I was lost in my thoughts.
“Mr. Thaphorn, thank you for your present, but I would consider your proposal to marry me,” my thoughts were blurted out of my mouth.
Mr. Thaphorn smiled at me as he briefly left the room without a single word.
As I retired on the bed, I could not sleep. Although Mr. Thaphorn had deceived me to be his mistress and to stay with him, he wanted to make it up to me. Mr. Ng was very sweet and caring towards me but somehow, I did not have any lasting feelings with him. It was just at the spur of the moment that I did enjoy his company but feelings for him soon died down when we parted. As my thoughts meandered around my mind, I thought of Keith. It’s been a long time since I saw him. I would be deceiving myself if I were to say that I had no feelings for him at this moment. I still missed him and I had to admit that I thought of him every now and then. As I was playing with my mobile phone, I scrolled down the contact list to Keith’s name. I did not know why he never called me and vice versa. Recalling the past events that happened, I guessed it was too awkward for the both of us to talk to each other.
As I went to the premises for the competition, I was very eager. While preparing for the competition, I was advised on a lot of aspects of music from controls of vocals to that of image consultancy. It was an enriching experience as I mingled with other contestants and shared experiences.
It was quite tiring as I went through a few elimination rounds. Juggling between handling the competition and my work was very stressful, but it was the inner strength of my character that brought me through and my hard work paid off as I entered the finals.
“Congratulations to all who have made to the finals, the finals would be held on the stage in the open space. The venues and other details are stated in the booklet that I have passed to you. I would like to give a kind reminder that singing in a confined area and in the open space is very different. The finals of this competition held by our company would be advertised in the media and tickets would be sold. If you want to get any tickets on behalf of your family, friends etc, please do so by next week,” Miss Chut scanned our excited faces as she announced the details.
Mr. Thaphorn waited for me downstairs at the waiting area.
“Mr. Thaphorn, I made it to the finals!” I shouted joyously as I hugged him.
I told him about the details of the finals of the competition and it was 2 months away.
“Congratulations. If you win, you would leave me for the record company and I would definitely miss you as a singer in my pub,” Mr. Thaphorn’s excitement was nowhere near mine.
I smiled at him as I did not say a word, as we headed to the pub.
As I started my performance, I felt that I was more natural and I could be able to pull off higher notes in certain songs where I wasn’t able to. I felt especially ecstatic when I could make the audience sing along too as the crowd was dancing at their respective tables to some of the songs. William also did a little performance with his guitar as he tried to strum the guitar behind his shoulder.
“Hello everybody, I would like to make an announcement. I would be participating in the finals of the GMI Records singing competition. I hope that you would be able to support me by going to the competition to see me sing in there. You can ask for further details from the managers and waiters,” I tried to catch my breath after my performance.
As I went down the stage, I felt a nudge near my waist. I turned around and saw Mr. Ng.
“Congratulations! I hope you would win!” Mr. Ng hugged me to my surprise.
I returned the hug lightly as I broke away from the hug briefly.
“Can I ask you out for dinner some day? Like let say around six in the evening? I know you like Korean food. I know of a famous Korean restaurant in town. Then after dinner, I can send you to work,” Mr. Ng offered.
“Let me consider and I would tell you,” I did not want to decline the offer outright out of politeness.
As I went over to Mr. Thaphorn and his friends at the sofa seats, we were playing hand games and drank a lot along the way. One of his friends, Mr. Shinati, was a wealthy businessman who owns one of the largest rice exporting companies in Thailand. As our sofa seats were not so visible to the main crowd, Mr. Shinati was trying to take advantage of me at the dark corner.
“I know you are now available and you are not anybody’s mistress. Why don’t you spend a night with me, my sweet thing?” Mr. Shinati was sleek with his hand as his right hand slowly went up my thigh and inside my short skirt.
As I felt a tingling sensation, I felt like something was stuffed up the side of my g-string before I could stop him from doing it.
“It’s a small gesture from me, I hope you accept the offer and I would give you the same amount,” Mr. Shinati kissed my cheek as he whispered into my ear. His words seemed to tease my eardrums.
As I excused myself to the toilet, I went to take out what was inside. It was a one thousand dollar note. My eyes suddenly grew big as I could not believe my eyes. As I went back to the sofa seat, I saw Mr. Ng was looking at my direction as Mr. Shinati stood up and kissed me lightly on the lip as he hugged me and I reciprocated the hug and kissed him on the cheek.
“I got to go up to perform, I would come back for you, my dear,” my words seemed to tease him as his smile projected out his lust and desire for me.
As I was about to go up stage, Mr. Ng grabbed my hand and he seemed to be angry although he tried to conceal it.
“You all women from Thailand only want money. Is money all you think of? You all have no feelings and no regards for those whom really love you for the way you are,” Mr. Ng’s remarks shocked me as he seemed to be in a drunken stupor.
“I got to perform now. Let go of me,” I warned him.
“Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah, Roma, Roma-ma, Gaga, ooh la la….” It was the perfect song for my mood as I sang Lady Gaga’s bad romance. I felt like I was exploding out my inner emotions as I sang it out partially angry and partially disappointed. As I sang, I winked at Mr. Shinati and I avoided any eye contact with Mr. Ng even though I knew that this song was his favourite.
As I ended my performance, I went back to accompany Mr. Shinati. He was not just any other customer but someone who could make me feel comfortable with him. As we joked and drank, we seemed to be old-time friends although I only saw him for the first time. As I stole glances at Mr. Ng, Mr. Ng seemed to be drinking non-stop as his face was glum.
“Mr. Thaphorn, Mr. Shinati is drunk. Maybe you and Mr. Khoo can help him to get home?” I was concerned as Mr. Shinati was slurring nonsense as he could not even hold the glass properly.
As the table was cleared, they left. I tried to avoid Mr. Ng but he approached me as I tried to leave the place.
“I am so sorry that I said such things to you, please don’t get offended. I really love you a lot. How can I make up to you?” Mr. Ng gripped my hand firmly and Mr. Ng’s face brightened up the instant I smiled at him as I did not want to create a scene in front of too many people.
“It’s alright. You are after all partially true, but we still have feelings and emotions too. I like you too,” his apology was accepted immediately but reluctantly.
“I have to go home now, I hope you sleep well and have a good night,” Mr. Ng felt disappointed that I had to leave that soon.
Time passed very fast as it was only six weeks before the actual competition were to start. As we were needed to practise our songs with the band, which would be performing on the competition itself, we had to carry out the rehearsals till the day before the competition.
“I am glad that you all are here, the band would arrive shortly and I would introduce you to the band,” Miss. Chut smiled at us as all of us were punctual for the appointment with the band.
As I saw the band come in, I could not help exclaiming, “I cannot believe you are in this band!”
Who did she see in the band? Find out more in the next part!
I hope you all enjoyed reading! Thankies!!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment