Thursday, December 16, 2010

A girl with no name 无名女郎 (part 7)

Hi there. I really want to thank all for your critical comments. So far hearing from the ladies, they kinda like part 1. One of my readers really liked the intensity of what is happening in part 5 and some just felt that the other parts were alittle too unexciting. well, part 7 is a little up tempo on the mood with respect to part 6. I hope that you all pay very great attention to the first part of part 7. Hope you all get the full meaning what the first part of part 7 is trying to portay. Well, as for the second part of part 7, really challenging seriously. He is a lucky man indeed. Without further delay.....

the story "explodes" out...

“Vanessa, can we go to the living room to talk?” I came out of the bathroom as Belinda was standing at the corridor. She looked a bit drunk as she stammered a little.

I was in my bathrobe and I decided not to change. She swayed a little to the left and right as I took her arm and we walked down the stairs. As we sat at the table, the room was very dark as everybody else was asleep.

“Why don’t you switch on the lights?” I asked as Belinda walked past the switches.

Belinda led my hand and we sat down. My hips almost knocked on the corner of the table as I could barely make out the silhouette of the furniture in the room as my eyes started to adjust to the darkness.

Belinda showed me the short message from her phone. The only source of light came from her phone.

“My ex boyfriend send a message to me again. He wants me to go back to Taiwan to see him once I have finished my work in here. He still misses me after so long. Remember I told you that we were together during our university days. He is the same guy,” Belinda’s voice was hardly audible.

Belinda tugged on my robe as she hugged me.

“We have been communicating ever since we broke up. I do not know why but I still cannot forget him after so long even though he hurt me so badly. When I came here to work, I thought I could forget him, but it seemed that it is not the case,” Belinda continued as she rested her head on my shoulder.

“Thank you for taking care of me all these while, I really admire you. You are like my elder sister to me. You have helped me to cope with a new life in here. But as you know when he sent this message to me to get back together, I feel confused. I do not know what to do. Sister, only you can help me,” Belinda whispered into my ears as she was still hugging me.

As Belinda let go of me, I felt my bathrobe was a bit loose. Belinda began to pull the bathrobe slightly off my right shoulder as she started to kiss my lips. I did not know whether it was shock or it was that yearn for intimacy that I craved for so long that I did not resist at all. I felt I was in my own world where I chose to be ignorant of the owner of the lips that was touching mine. Upon my reciprocation of my interaction of my lips against hers, she took out her lips from mine as she started to kiss my neck. That world that I was in seemed to be slowly disappearing as she started to put her whole body on me. Her strong limbs made me even slower to react as she kissed my shoulder and her hands went into my robe as the warmth of her hands greeted my bare flesh.
“Stop, what are you doing, Belinda?” I pushed her away, as I realised the sash around my waist was already untied. I raised my hand, wanting to slap her.

“I am sorry big sister. I do not know how to express myself to you. I just wanted to be close to you. I am in the wrong, I should not do such a thing to you. I am sorry. Forgive me please. I have lost confidence in relationships with men. I don’t know what to do. I am just plain confused,” Belinda cried on my shoulder as she hugged me tightly.

“Don’t tell me, you want to have a relationship with a woman then? You are attractive. You have a very considerate character. I believe you can find a good man in the future when you go back to Taiwan. Forget about this man. He is just screwing your life,” I retorted at her.

“You are more attractive than me, but you seemed to be giving a cold shoulder to even some good looking men in the workplace. I do not know if you really do get attracted to men in the first place. But I do apologise once again for my rash actions,” her outrageous excuse seemed to be impromptu but it was punctuated with an apology which calmed me down a little.

“I think I would go upstairs to retire to bed,” I felt embarrassed as I tied back the sash around my waist and looked away from her. It was lucky that the darkness hid my embarrassment.

As the days passed, it was finally my off-day, Monday. When I woke up at around three in the afternoon, I scanned through the unread messages. There were about twenty over of them. Everyday, I would receive an occasional message to ask me to sleep with a customer and sometimes dirty messages about how they fantasise about me or how good my figure was. They kind of freaked me out. As I slowly deleted them, I finally saw Alex’s message.

“Are you free today to go out? I just want to confirm that’s all. You can make it at five in the evening then?” his message wrote.

I sent a positive reply as I went about to tidy up my wardrobe. I wondered what I should wear for today’s date.

I chose a black off shoulder top and a pair of denim blue jeans. I smiled as I felt good in this attire. It seemed to be a long time since I had worn them. At first I felt paranoid that I would not be able to wear it, but I realised that I had not put on any weight since I last left Singapore for Taiwan quite some time ago.

As I put on my make-up and admired myself in front of the mirror, I did not realise that it was already nearly five in the evening.

“Hi Vanessa, I am downstairs already. Are you ready?” Alex was on the other line when I picked up the phone.
“I would come down in 5 minutes time,” I replied as I looked at the mirror once again.

I saw Alex leaning against the door of his vehicle as I stepped out of the home. When he saw me, he seemed to be a bit stunned.

“What’s wrong?” I suddenly felt a bit self-conscious as I looked down to inspect my clothing.

“Nothing is wrong. It’s because you look different during the daytime. It’s the first time I see you under the day light since I always see you in your workplace at night,” Alex’s reply came with a grin.

As he drove, we talked quite a lot. We talked about everything under the sun. From good places to eat in Taiwan to our favourite sports, he seemed to know quite a little bit of Taiwan.

“What do you like to eat?” Alex glanced at me shortly

“As long as its good to eat, anywhere would be fine,” I gave a casual answer wondering where he would bring me.

As he showed me around the various places while driving, there were quite a few places that I had never been seen before. Although Singapore is small as compared to Taiwan, it seemed big while travelling around in the country.

As we went near to the beach, I saw a lot of different stalls selling all kinds of food. The aroma seemed to tempt me to just try the food from all the stalls.

“This is East Coast, this hawker centre has many nice local food,” Alex introduced me to this place.

As we sat nearer to the beach, we went around the different stalls and ordered some food. As we tucked in, I realised that the food was really delicious. Many customers brought me to air-conditioned restaurants to eat, but I liked it here. The food was cheap and even tasted better than those that I ate with my customers previously. The crisp sea breeze was refreshing too.

“I believed nobody has brought you here or in this kind of environment to have dinner,” Alex seemed to read my mind as his words interrupted my thoughts.

I smiled as I stick out of my tongue a little. On the table, there was braised duck, fried noodles, satay and fried carrot cake. I could only nibble a bit of everything except that I could not resist the fried carrot cake as I finished most of it. But Alex could really eat a lot. He could finish the rest of the food on the table. As he was busy eating, I could not help but giggle a little. Luckily, he did not notice. As our hands reached out to grab the last satay stick, I accidentally grabbed onto his hand. At that moment, my faced turned a little red with embarrassment.
“Take it. I know you like satay too,” he put it on the plate as I thanked him.

As I nibbled on it, I did not notice that he was looking at me. I gave him a weird look as I turned away my head and not to face him. I smiled a little as I wondered why he was looking at me for.

As we took a stroll on the beach, the sunset was really beautiful as it seemed to be the highlight of the whole scenery.

“I remember back in Taiwan, when my father was around, my father would bring my mother and I out on a weekend and have a nice meal by the beach and enjoy the sunset at the same time,” I looked in the direction of where the sun was setting as I spoke out my mind.

“Now that my father is not around, I would sit by the window to look at the sunset whenever I have the chance to,” I continued as I looked down on the ground.

“Vanessa, sorry to hear about that, I believe you are a capable woman and your mother would be proud to have a daughter like you,” Alex finally spoke after he was silent for quite a while.

As we sat down on the bench, there was an awkward silence as we just stared at the direction, looking at the sun going below the horizon.

“You know the very first day when I saw you, you really gave me a lasting impression. Very few ladies can give me this kind of impression in my life,” the silence was broken as his confession rolled out.

“I believe you are the ace card in your workplace due to your good looks, performance and charisma. I really feel privileged to be able to ask you out on your off-day,” he continued as I felt pleased by his remarks.

“Everyone in there is ace cards in my workplace. It’s not just me. I have met my fair share of customers who are very lecherous but I met a few who are good-natured. I believe you are one of these few,” I replied humbly as I gave a comment about him.

As we talked more, I really felt comfortable talking to him. It was a long time since I had that kind of feeling. Time flew very fast as it was already past eleven at night.

“Thanks for everything, but I have to go back to my workplace for a while. I really enjoyed myself,” I beamed at Alex as I pat him on the shoulder.

As we approached the car, I felt tired and a little sleepy.

“Could you help me adjust the inclination of the seat? I want the seat to incline backwards, I just want to rest a while,” I requested.

“It’s on the left hand side of your seat. Do you know how to adjust?” Alex looked over from the driver’s seat.

“I do not know how. I do not want to spoil your car,” my answer seemed to be candid but seemed to sound foolish in his ears.

“You can just help me a bit? Its ok really,” he seemed to be thinking about what is the best way to go about it as I anticipated what he was trying to do.

As he leaned over to pull the lever of the seat, I leaned forward a little as he adjusted the seat. He seemed to feel awkward as our bodies touched when he leaned over to my seat to help me.

As I made myself comfortable, I was almost in a lying position as I adjusted myself on the seat. Unknowingly, I did not know that the bra strap had slipped off on my bare shoulder as I turned myself to my right.

As I closed my eyes, I felt a presence coming closer towards me. As I felt tired, I did not bother. I did not even know whether the car had moved or not but I could feel a slow rhythmic heavy breathing very near me. I smiled to myself as I waited in anticipation to what would be next from a man whom I have almost total trust. Perhaps, I could say someone whom I had begun to like a little……

end of part 7.

What is going to happen next? Look out for part 8!

No comments: